About

Searching for good vegetarian meals in Charlottesville, Virginia

Monday, August 2, 2010

In which I make some changes


I adore the Smitten Kitchen food blog. Its light humor and lovely pictures of delicious, prolific, and largely vegetarian dishes (hooray) bring pleasure to my mornings. I don't visit it and my other favorites for exact measurements--I prefer inspiration.
Take this nectarine cobbler. I found the original recipe there, and I believe she modified it significantly from a recipe she found elsewhere, if I'm not mistaken. Her version has the cake on the bottom, the fruit in the middle, and a streusel on top. I'm probably the laziest cook I know, so I made a version of the cake, with half the sugar and Greek yogurt thinned with a little milk, and put the nectarine chunks, peels and all, on the bottom instead. It baked up at 375 degrees in about 45-50 minutes and was wonderful. As you can see, we had eaten half of it before I remembered to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment